The State Bar of South Dakota, recognizing the need to improve the delivery of legal services to all citizens of the State, formed Access to Justice, Inc., to:
(1) provide for the coordination of pro bono lawyers to assist poor citizens with their legal problems, thus providing access to justice for those lacking financial resources to hire a lawyer ;
(2) help ensure compliance with lawyer’s ethical obligation to never reject the cause of the defenseless or oppressed;
(3) improve the delivery of legal services to all citizens of the state;
(4) improve the delivery of legal services to the poor; and
(5) provide centralized information, direction and assistance for legal service programs in the State of South Dakota.
In order to participate in the program, a lawyer must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of South Dakota and must agree to take at least one pro bono case each year. Attorneys who participate in the A2J pro bono programs make a difference to improve the lives of many people and their families in South Dakota. More Information and Publications
If you are an attorney interested in participating in either the pro bono or modest means programs, please contact Denise Langley at email@example.com or Elizabeth Overmoe at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 1-855-287-3510.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO COMPLETE AN ATTORNEY VOLUNTEER FORM ONLINE :